RENEE AND MILTON'S PARTICIPATORY WORK IN WASHINGTON/BETHESDA SHOWS SINCERE MEANINGFUL PROMISE FOR TMJ PATIENTS, HEALTH CARE COMMUNITY, AND PUBLIC AT LARGE
Our participation included:
• meetings with congresspeople and health aides on Capitol Hill as part of the "Friends of NIDCR".
• oral health advocacy training along with other Patient Advocacy leaders in other allied health disorders.
• a special meeting with NIDCR to begin the planning process for a "Natural History TMJ Registry"--which JJAMD helped initiate.
• a planning meeting with the TMJ Interagency Working Group, which is committed to specific TMJ research within many NIH and other government agencies.
• the 2-1/2 day TMJ Association's Scientific Conference.
A more detailed report will be forthcoming.